2012 Can-India iPad ‘Baisakhi’ Giveaway contest
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion: This contest begins on February 24 , 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 15, 2012 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility:ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA AND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Sponsor, as hereinafter defined, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members or household members (whether related or not) of each are not eligible. Contest subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor may amend these Official Rules or modify or cancel this Contest in Sponsor’s sole discretion without liability.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Can-India News a division of World Media Corp. 2600 Skymark Ave, Building 11, Unit 103 Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5B2 CANADA (“CanIndia”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Apple Corporation. By submitting an Official Entry Form you understand and acknowledge that you are providing your information to Sponsor and its affiliates and not to Facebook or Apple Corporation.
- Winner Selection: The potential winner will be selected, by Sponsor, in a random drawing to be held on or about April 16, 2012 from all eligible and qualified entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by email within twenty (20) days of the drawing at the email address provided by the entrant at the time of Contest entry. Please check your email and spam filters. If a winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) business days, is not eligible, or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize and Sponsor may select an alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. Odds of being selected as eligible to win the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (ARV): One (1) potential winners will be selected to receive a 1pad 3, 16 GB, WIFI (ARV: $502.0 CND each) (“Prize”). Prize must be collected from `CanIndia`Office in Mississauga, ON. No cash alternative or substitution of Prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prizes (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. The Prize is non-transferrable. The winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Prize. All expenses, fees, charges and taxes not specifically mentioned as included in Prize are Winner’s sole responsibility.
- Claiming Prizes/Releases: Eligibility and claim by winners are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by Sponsor. Winners must properly compete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility (including social Insurance number)/Prize Acceptance/Liability/Permission and (where legally permissible) a Publicity Release Form within ten (10) business days of receipt. Non-compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. If winners are ineligible, or decline the prize, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Disqualification:If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to select a Winner from among eligible entries received as of the date of termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, or for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- General: By entering this Contest and/or accepting prize, entrants: (1) agree to be bound by these rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment, judging agencies, and all related entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all liability, claims, actions, or proceedings relating to the Contest and from and against any claims of injuries or damages relating to participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prizes; (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By submitting an entry, participants acknowledge that any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor or the Contest Website by email or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an access provider, service provider, or other person or organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the account associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Each winner hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in Law, relative to any Prize or component thereof. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
- Winner List/Rules: The name of the winners may be obtained after May 1, 2012 and before June 1, 2012 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to World Media Corp. 2600 Skymark Ave, Building 11, Unit 103 Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5B2 CANADA.
- Disclaimers: If, by reason of any error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims may be included in a random drawing to award the advertised prizes. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.